Things To Do In Florence Italy
There is always something majestic about Italy and its incredible cities. Florence is the place where the extraordinary Renaissance was born and cultivated. So let's talk about 10 must-do experiences in Florence:
- Take a walk on the Ponte Vecchio in the evening and admire the incredible views. Ponte Vecchio was built over 650 years ago and it makes you feel like you're a Tuscany resident. Also, if you'll have some luck there is a chance of a rower passing under the bridge.
- Visit the Uffizi Gallery and don't pay attention to those who say that Uffizi is a cliche. Well, it is, but it's totally worth your time as it hosts gorgeous enormous paintings that are telling the history of the Renaissance.
- Take a look at the Florence architecture by climbing on Duomo's Dome that was designed by the very famous Brunelleschi. You'll take some breathtaking pictures there while feeling like a bird.
- Take a walk through the Florence Duomo, Piazza and find the Baptistery's set of doors that were designed by Ghiberti and named by Michelangelo - "The gates of Paradise".
- Eat 3 scoops of Gelato at some chic Gelateria that can be easily found in all parts of the city.
- Check out Michelangelo's early works that are not so famous at Bargello Museum. You'll absolutely love the experience to see the sculptures displayed in a former prison.
- Visit the leather Markets. Even if you're not a Shopaholic, take a walk across the market and buy some delicious souvenirs like olive oil or colored pasta.
- Take a look at the 'really real' David in the Accademia dell'Arte del Disegno for only 6.50 Euros. There also are numerous famous art objects that are definitely worth your time and attention.
- Buy some italian pasta from the Mercato Centrale and enjoy the huge quantity of great foods and smell of the Italian cuisine. There is something about this market that makes you dive in the Italian food culture and totally savor it.
- Visit the graves of Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, Rossini and Ghiberti at the Santa Croce church.